Thursday, January 3, 2013

Freezer Inventory

Welcome to my 31 Days of Organization!  I will be getting my world in order this January by knocking one item off my to do lists each day. 

I'm still working on organizing my kitchen and today I'm focusing my efforts on my freezer.  I just cleaned it out and it is clear that it was in desperate need of some love!  I have 3 bags of frozen peas... THREE bags!  That is one bag for each member of the family!   So, In order to avoid situations like this in the future, I came up with a simple solution.  I created a Freezer Inventory Spreadsheet to keep track of what we have in there.

While cleaning out the contents of the freezer, I made note of the items I had and then went back and noted the items that I always keep on hand.  From the list, I came up with 6 categories: Meat, Bread, Vegetables, Fruit, Sweets and Miscellaneous.  I listed the items that I always have below each relevant category so they are always accounted for and added rows to hand write any additional items that we might have.  I included a column for the number of each item as well as a date column so I can make sure nothing goes bad.  Print. Post. Done. Upkeep.



I posted mine in a clear magnetic photo frame which lives on the side of the refrigerator.  I keep a dry erase pen on top of the fridge so that it will always be next to the frame for easy access.


I figured I went to the trouble of creating a spreadsheet, so why not share?  Here is how you can make a Freezer Inventory Frame:

What you'll need:
Freezer Inventory Spreadsheet - Choose from red, orange, green, blue, black or grey below
8" x l0.5" clear magnetic photo frame
Fine point dry erase pen


 
Instructions:
1. Download and print your favorite colored Freezer Inventory template below by clicking on the image, then right-click and select copy.  Paste the image into a document that is 8 1/2 x 11 inches.   Print and cut it out to create your template.
2.  Place the template in your photo frame.
3. Document what you have in your freezer.
4.  Update the information as you put things in and/or pull things out of  your freezer.

Freezer Inventory Printable - Red 
 

Freezer Inventory Printable - Orange
 

Freezer Inventory Printable - Green
 

Freezer Inventory Printable - Blue
 

Freezer Inventory Printable - Black
 
 

Freezer Inventory Printable - Grey
 
 
Having an organized freezer and knowing what inventory I have will make menu planning and grocery list making so much easier!  I hope you find the templates useful!!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...